This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.



From Tuesday 14 March 2017 we will be offering a new Patient Access Service which allows patients to book appointments online and order repeat prescriptions.  To Register to use the system, please collect your unique Pin Number and Information Leaflet at reception.  More information is available at Online Services tab below.

We are increasingly contacting patients via text. Please make sure we have your mobile number.



Partnership Announcement

We are sorry to announce that Dr McPherson will be leaving us in July 2017. While he will be missed by patients and colleagues, we wish him every success in his new practice.

New Registrar

We welcome Dr A.Findlay who will be with us for a year until July 2018.



NHS 24 - 111     Change of Phone Number

 Please note that the telephone number for NHS 24 has changed to 'Free to Call' 111 .



Medical Sickness Certificates

Medical Certificates

The first seven days

For the first SEVEN days of illness or injury (including Sundays), you do not need to provide your employer with a doctor's medical certificate (sick note). However, you do need a 'self-certification form' to provide evidence of your inability to work. If you are employed you will need a form SC2 which is available from your employer or you can now click the link below and print off a copy, if you are unemployed or self-employed form SC1 is required.

A certificate is not required for the first THREE DAYS of illness or injury.

Should your employer require a certificate from a doctor for this duration there may be a fee.

After seven days

Should your illness or injury extend to beyond seven days you will need a doctor's certificate.

If you have consulted a doctor during the first seven days a telephone call to the practice requesting a medical certificate may be sufficient.

If you have NOT consulted a doctor with the current problem and it is NOT a continuing problem then you will need to make an appointment to see a doctor.

If you have been in hospital a sickness certificate should have been issued by the hospital (please make sure that you ask for a sickness certificate whilst you are in hospital). If for any reason this has not been the case please contact the relevant doctor or department who has recommended your absence.  Please note it is now the responsibility of both the in patient and outpatient departments to issue the certificate.

Continuation certificates

A continuation certificate can be arranged via telephone or calling into reception. Please contact the surgery the day before your sick certificate runs out. We will need the following information:-

  • Your full name and address
  • Your medical condition, which is on your current sick certificate
  • The duration for which you need the certificate - eg one week

Back-dated certificates

A sick certificate can be back-dated so that you do not need to be seen urgently or on the day that your sick certificate expires. It can be issued at a later date and backdated at the doctor's discretion to the required date.

Private certificates

Some employers/insurance schemes may request a private sick certificate. There will be a fee for this. The practice will be able to advise you of the current fee.

Please allow 48 hours notice for your certificate.

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website